Launched in 2010 and acquired by Facebook in 2012, Instagram has taken the mobile photo-sharing niche by storm, with no signs of stopping soon.
Thinking about using Instagram to market your business? Want to become Instagram famous? Here are the coolest, most surprising Instagram statistics and facts to know in 2022. (Check out our big list of Facebook stats, too!)
1. 80% of Instagram users are outside of the US.
2. Most Instagram users are between 18-29 years old.
3. Six in ten online adults have Instagram accounts.
4. Female internet users are more likely to use Instagram than men, at 38% vs. 26%.
5. 32% of teenagers consider Instagram to be the most important social network.
6. 32% of Instagram users attended college.
7. 26% of Instagram users make more than $75,000 per year.
1. The most followed account as of 2021 belongs to Cristiano Ronaldo has 315.75 million and is followed by Dwayne Johnson at 275 million.
2. The record for the most-liked Instagram post belongs to a satirical account, @world_record_egg, made to surpass popular celebrities’ posts—which garnered almost 56 million likes.
3. As of 2021, there are over 1 billion active Instagrammers.
4. Half of those users (500 million) are active every day.
5. There are 16,600,000 Google searches for “instagram” per month.
6. There are 165,000 searches per month for “kylie jenner instagram”
7. 51% of Instagram users access the platform daily, and 35% say they look at the platform several times per day.
8. 95 million photos and videos are shared on Instagram per day.
9. Over 40 billion photos and videos have been shared on the Instagram platform since its conception.
RELATED: The 6 Biggest, Baddest Social Media Platforms of 2022 (and How to Wield Their Power). Put your armor on.
1. There are over 200 million business profiles using Instagram worldwide in 2021.
2. 60% of the top brands on Instagram use the same filter for every post.
3. Over 80% of accounts on Instagram follow a business, and over 200 million Instagrammers actively a business profile every day.
4. It’s estimated that Instagram brought in $24 billion in revenue in 2020, accounting for roughly 36.9% of Facebook’s annual revenue.
5. More than 80% of businesses say engagement is the most important metric to measure for Instagram marketing.
6. Currently in 2021, over 70% of U.S. companies use Instagram for marketing.
7. 90% of Instagram users follow at least one business on the platform.
8. 81% of people use Instagram to research products or services.
1. 500 million users use the “stories” feature daily.
2. Instagram posts with at least one hashtag average 12.6% more engagement than those without.
3. The best time to post on Instagram is 11 a.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays.
4. The most used emoji is the heart <3
5. According to British anti-bullying organization Ditch The Label’s annual survey, Instagram was the most widely used cyberbullying network in 2017, with 42 percent of those cyberbullied reporting that Instagram was the network of choice.
6. Pizza is the most widely Instagrammed food, directly ahead of steak and sushi.
7. The most popular filters are Clarendon, Gingham and Juno/Lark.
Know any important Instagram statistics that we missed? Let us know!
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.