Introducing New & Improved Success Reports for Cross-Platform Campaign Analysis
Over and over again, we’ve heard from our clients, both advertisers and agencies, that reporting is a pain. When we run informal polls before webinars, reporting is usually named as one of the top two time sucks for marketers.
To make matters worse, it’s particularly difficult and time-consuming to get a clear picture of performance across multiple ad platforms, where native reporting metrics are often apples to oranges. You have to:
- Pull data from multiple sources
- Compile it and try to make sense of different metrics
- Analyze and interpret success to make recommendations
- Share all that information across the business
It’s hard enough for any single business, but it’s decidedly one of the most inefficient and dreaded tasks for agencies. And according to HubSpot, “agency staffers spend around four or five hours per client each month reporting on digital.” The more clients you have, the more that adds up and gets in the way of all the other work you have to do.
In our quest to make online advertising easier for all our clients, we just released new and improved Success Reports in WordStream Advisor that compile results from all your online platforms in one place and give you the big picture of your success. Hallelujah!
Introducing the New Success Reports
If you’re a WordStream customer, this is what you’ll see in your account as of today. The new Success Report provides:
- A single version of the truth – You’ll immediately see a single-source, easy-to-interpret funnel view of key metrics across all your ad platforms.
- Highly customizable data slices – Include or exclude campaigns or platforms at will.
- Aggregate spend, impressions and performance across platforms – At a glance you can see how performance for each metric has changed.
How the New Success Reports Work
As always, Success Reports are included in WordStream Advisor as your default reporting; if you’re already a customer, you don’t need to do anything to get access to the new reports.
The Success Report pulls in campaign data from all of your connected platforms including Google AdWords (search, display, shopping, video, and universal app campaigns), Bing Ads, and Facebook Ads (including Instagram placements).
The key metrics your Success Report includes for each platform are:
- Click-through rate (CTR)
- Conversion Rate
- Cost per acquisition (CPA)
If you’ve got Easy Tracking in place, the report also pulls all the leads you’ve generated together, whether those leads were from phone calls, landing pages or directly from your Facebook lead ads.
The Performance Funnel in your Success Report is a “big picture” view of your performance. You can start by seeing topline aggregate performance results across platforms and then drill down by platform for a more detailed view.
Once you drill down, you’ll see unique reporting elements for each platform. For example, when you’re looking at your AdWords results, you’ll see a word cloud of your top-performing keywords (our clients LOVE this feature!).
You’ll see your Quality Score health for Search platforms in both AdWords and Bing.
For Facebook, you’ll see results by campaign objective along with your top performing posts.
Your reports are fully customizable – you can include or remove any section and add your own analysis and insights as desired. This is a great feature for agencies who might want to annotate reports before sending to clients – and as a bonus, you can also white-label the report or add your own agency logo.
Finally, the Success Report can be scheduled automatically or produced as a one-off report whenever needed.
Benefits of the New Success Reports
Why did we revamp these reports? To make reporting and analysis easier and more effective for you, our clients! Starting today, we feel confident you’ll see these benefits:
- Agencies will discover dramatically improved workflows and efficiencies – you’ll spend more time on client strategy and growing your business, less time on mindless data aggregation.
- You’ll easily and intuitively share reports across your business or agency with a modern, concise design.
- Reporting will actually be an enjoyable part of your job – not something to dread every week!
As mentioned, if you’re a customer, you’ll find the new Success Report in your account today. Please let us know what you think!
Not a customer? No problem. See how it works for yourself with a free trial of WordStream Advisor.