The Excel bubble chart is often overlooked by PPC advertisers, because it can be tricky to set up. However, when used properly, a bubble chart lets you clearly present and compare categorical data (e.g. campaign, ad groups, device, etc.) – represented by the number of bubbles – as well as quantitative data (e.g. cost, conversions, CTR, etc...
This is the final post in my series on Re-Creating the AdWords Dashboard in Excel. For the rest of the series, see below:
In part three of this series, you learned how to build our dashboard’s scorecard. In this article, I will show you:
- How to build the charts.
- How to copy and reuse your charts to save time when building multiple charts.
Building the Charts
The AdWords Campaign Performance report only has...
In part two of this series, you learned how to transform the data we will be using to create our dashboard. In this article, I will show you:
- How to build the scorecard.
- How to use conditional formatting.
- How to use the camera tool.
Presentation (the “P” in “DTP”)
In Part 1 of this series, you learned how to prepare the data we will be using to create our dashboard. In this article, I will show you:
- How to set up an Excel pivot table.
- How to use calculated metrics in a pivot table.
- How to use Named Ranges in Excel.
- How to use the OFFSET formula in Excel....
Interesting things you will learn in this how-to:
- How to prepare data for year-over-year analysis in Excel
- How to use the Excel INDEX-MATCH formula
- How to use the Excel ISNA formula
A few weeks ago I showed you how to compare date ranges in AdWords, and then a few days later I came...
When you have to read a help file to understand how to use a feature, doesn’t it bug you? Don’t you wish that things were a little more intuitive and easy to use?
For whatever reason, the AdWords team seems to be masters at releasing very useful features (sometimes awesome features like Broad Match Modifiers) and then making...
Was anyone else a little confused and let down when Google launched AdWords Campaign Experiments back in August without the ability to test ads? Instead of the obvious new ad testing features, Google focused on split testing across ad groups and campaigns for changes to keywords and ad...