Marketing Manager, Lead Nurturing
Job Title: Marketing Manager, Lead Nurturing
Location: 177 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts
Reporting: Reports to Director of Marketing
We need your talented marketing mind to focus on nurturing leads and presenting our core suite of PPC software in a compelling and thoughtful way. Your goal is to qualify and convert prospects into happy customers through the use of digital marketing touch points.
As a Marketing Manager, Lead Nurturing, you will be responsible for understanding what activities increase conversion rate throughout a leads lifecycle resulting in customer generation. Leveraging leads from our database, and using online marketing tactics such as email, webinars and our website, you’ll develop stage appropriate programs to qualify and convert leads. You will engage prospects and add value through content, resources, and other calls-to-action. Your offer arsenal includes award-winning free tools like our AdWords Performance Grader, a 7-day free trial of our WordStream Advisor software, Thought-Leadership content like eBooks/Guides and blog posts, and more.
You have a unique mix of database and email marketing know-how. You – like us – see Marketing as a way to grow a company, not as overhead or a “cost center” on a balance sheet. You are not afraid of goals – success for this position will be measured in hitting specific monthly Sales Qualified Lead (SQL) targets. You are smart, creative, energetic, and love a challenge. You want to work in a fast-paced – and fast-growing – start-up environment, surrounded by hard-working and intelligent people. You want a manager that will mentor you, not micromanage you. You want to write your own ticket for success at a company that’s going somewhere.
- Create the strategy, produce the assets (email, landing page, etc) and build the programs for both point in time and automated/triggered programs in Marketo for nurturing our leads.
- Understand how best to leverage the technologies we have – Marketo and Salesforce – to aid in lead nurturing programs.
- Analyze and understand the segments and profiles of our nearly 400K opt-in lead database.
- Track weekly actuals by program against monthly targets for Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs)
- Develop topics, recruit speakers, promote and produce monthly lead nurturing webinars (~2 per month).
- Test and optimize messaging, offers and online experiences to drive the greatest conversion rates.
- Own internal communication with sales and other stake-holders around the lead nurturing process.
- Act as liaison between marketing and product management, attending weekly cross-functional meetings to stay up to date on the evolution of our core software platform, WordStream Advisor.
- Plan and execute product launch plans including positioning, email/communication plan, website updates and lead nurturing updates.
- You must be a star at creating compelling content including subject lines that get emails opened and copy that converts.
- You have database marketing skills to dazzle, know how to segment the data, and craft offers that appeal at different stages of the sales and marketing funnel.
- You have a thorough understanding of the lead and sales lifecycle, can identify the stage of each prospect, and convert them with your marketing magic.
- You are a unique combination of technical and process oriented, but can write and think outside the box.
- You are a strategic thinker, eager to take on responsibility and ownership of marketing metrics.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- Expert in Marketo, Eloqua marketing automation and smart list optimization to build and optimize the right nurturing tracks.
- Excellent command of all marketing tactics, not just email.
- Excellent writer and communicator with the ability to align that communication with the larger company tone.
- Excellent ability to analyze data and interpret the “story” or actions.
- Very strong attention to detail.
- Equal strengths in technical (marketing automation program structure) and creative skills (email copy, content topics, hosting webinars, etc).
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ambitious, eager and fun!
If we’ve described you, then please contact us! Submit your resume and cover letter including demonstrated results supporting the culture, abilities and responsibilities of the role to ServicesJobs@wordstream.com and we’ll be in touch.
We’re located in Back Bay, convenient to many commuter friendly options. WordStream was named the 9th Fastest Growing Company in Boston by the Inc 500, and recently secured a $12M round of investment capital to help continue an impressive growth streak. We’re a fast growing start-up with just over 100 employees.
Our software and services help businesses and agencies take the guesswork out of pay-per-click advertising so you get more from your marketing budget.