Director of Inside Sales
Job Title: Director of Inside Sales
Location: 177 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts
Reporting: Reports to the CRO (Chief Revenue Officer)
Background: WordStream provides the technology, insight and guidance to empower small and medium-sized businesses to succeed online by leveraging search marketing to build traffic and drive demand to their digital properties.
Today, we have a number of paid and free products to offer the SMB. They are:
- WordStream for PPC: Our core product (starting at $300/mo) is an on-demand offering that helps businesses get more value out of their paid search initiatives on Google.
- Free Tools on WordStream.com: We offer free tools including the Free Keyword Tool; Free Negative Keyword Tool; The Keyword Grouper; and the Keyword Niche Finder.
Today, hundreds of prospects trial WordStream for PPC every month. Each month, thousands of people leverage our free tools, or take advantage of other special offers on our website. These numbers have grown significantly over time and will continue to grow. The goal of our Inside Sales team is to reach out to these prospects (as well as other prospects that have used our free tools or read our white papers) and convert them to paying customers. Our current team is made up of six Inside Sales reps all located in our Boston office.
Our sales automation tools include Salesforce.com as well as Marketo for lead nurturing.
Job Description: We are seeking a leader for this team who has a demonstrated track record of building Inside Sales organizations within fast-growing venture-backed entities. The ideal candidate can build and lead a team and providing mentoring and coaching as we scale. The ideal candidate has experience selling SaaS products in a similar price range ($400/mo, $4,800/year). The ideal candidate will initially be a “player/coach” and carry a quota, but over time, as the team scales, be 100% focused on leadership.
More details on responsibilities include:
- Owning all aspects of performance of the team. This includes all hiring decisions, sales compensation plans, training and reporting.
- Infuse a sales methodology (or training program) into the team. Our goal is to have knowledgeable reps that understand our product well, and employ a methodology/process for approaching their opportunities.
- Must be comfortable with Salesforce.com as our lead and sales management system.
- Experience designing, documenting, and enforcing sales process.
- Managing metrics including overall pipeline, individual sales rep performance, achievement of quota, etc.
Measures of Success: The following key performance indicators shall be used:
- Revenue. Specific goals will be in place for our product lines to achieve.
- Rep Quota. Today, our reps are expected to close $2,500 of Monthly Recurring Revenue each month. We would like to see this number rise to $5,000 over time.
- Customer Lifetime Value. Prospect qualification experience is key to ensuring the prospects we close stay with us over time, thus increasing their lifetime value to the company.
- Bachelors’ degree required.
- 5 to 7 years of experience managing Inside Sales teams of at least 10+ people.
- Experience defining process and procedures for calling, reporting, training and metrics.
- Knowledge of any of the following areas highly desirable: digital marketing, search marketing (specifically pay-per-click and Google AdWords), landing page optimization, conversion rates, internet commerce, software as a service, etc.
- Experience selling similar priced services ($400/mo, $4,800/year) via an Inside Sales model highly desirable.
- Detail-oriented. Can multi-task and juggle many simultaneous priorities.
- Culture fit is important. We are a two-year-old, venture-backed, 35-person company that wants to dominate our market. We work hard, and we want to be successful and make our clients successful.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter on why you feel you are qualified for this position to email@example.com.
WordStream is a venture-backed start-up engaged in providing productivity software for PPC/SEM and SEO. Our patented, innovative software-as-a-service applications automate the manual, repetitive work involved in search engine marketing, saving time and enabling customers to improve ROI on search marketing objectives in a consistent and repeatable manner.
Our software and services help businesses and agencies take the guesswork out of pay-per-click advertising so you get more from your marketing budget.