Senior Linux Systems Architect
Sr. Linux Systems Architect: CentOS, PostgreSQL, Apache HTTPD, Python, Bacula
If you’re a smart, motivated Linux geek looking for a startup experience that is both challenging and rewarding, this is the position for you!
The Senior Linux Systems Architect will be responsible for production and supporting infrastructure behind the WordStream product suite. As a part of a small team, you will be expected to take ownership of mission-critical systems and implement changes that will have an immediate impact on our business.
Day-to-day activities will include:
- Systems administration across dozens of machines, including keeping systems up-to-date, protected, and backed up
- Configuration management and change control
- Implementation and management of distributed, redundant PostgreSQL systems
- Development and maintenance of product-specific system maintenance tools and processes
- Design of processes for scaling the infrastructure from dozens of machines to hundreds of machines
- Design and implementation of infrastructure management/monitoring solutions
- Implementation and maintenance of Engineering-related systems, including systems related to project management, source code management, code review, and continuous builds
This is a senior position; we’re looking for a highly motivated candidate with initiative and a thorough understanding of all aspects of Systems Administration.
Day-to-day direction will consist primarily of high-level objectives, and the Sr. Systems Architect will be expected to establish a design and execution plan and follow through on it.
This position will require a significant amount of work with Open Source technologies. WordStream is a proud supporter of Open Source and strives to contribute improvements back to the Open Source community.
Only candidates with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or a substantial amount of related technical coursework and work experience in a related field will be considered.
Required Skills: Linux System Administration, PostgreSQL, Apache HTTPD, Git
Bonus Skills: Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)/CentOS, Chef, Drupal, Python, Fabric, Trac, Bacula, BuildBot, SQLite, Open-Source software development, SQL, Juniper Networking Gear, Amazon Cloud Services (AWS), OpenVZ, DNS, PostgreSQL 9 replication
Required Experience: 5+ years
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Position Title: Sr. Systems Architect
Type of Position: Full-time or Contract-to-hire
Travel Required: No
Location: Boston, MA
How To Apply
To apply for the Sr. Systems Architect position, send a resume and cover letter to techjobs at wordstream dot com.
WordStream is a venture-backed startup engaged in providing online software as a service (SaaS) search engine marketing software solutions for PPC/SEM and SEO. Our patented, innovative software-as-a-service applications automate the manual, repetitive work involved in search engine optimization, saving time and enabling customers to improve ROI on search marketing objectives in a consistent and repeatable manner.
Our software and services help businesses and agencies take the guesswork out of pay-per-click advertising so you get more from your marketing budget.