Senior Marketing Operations Manager
Are you peeved by inefficient processes? Do you find yourself wondering what targeting criteria was used when you receive an email that is either totally on (or totally off!) base? Do you get excited learning about the newest digital marketing technologies and thinking about how they could help turbo-fuel the business you’re working for? Are you a problem solver through and through?
If your answer is yes, we need your talent and drive to help WordStream create scalable processes that ensure best practices in lead generation and database management. You will also conduct complex data analysis that will be used to solve big challenges and inform strategic decisions by stakeholders from across the company.
As part of a driven and passionate marketing team, you will be a ninja at managing our Salesforce and Marketo environments, with a deep understanding of other marketing technologies powering demand gen such as A/B testing technology, data appending/augmentation tools, BI/reporting software, Web Analytics, and mix of advertising platforms. This person will be part of a truly collaborative team and manage one direct report. You should have a demonstrated ability in cross-functional teamwork as well as a desire to coach and mentor.
- Manage technical aspects of key marketing systems (marketing automation - Marketo, CRM - Salesforce) used to generate, distribute, and report on leads.
- Superior understanding and practical knowledge of how to create advanced lead nurture programs within Marketo and workflow processes, syncs to the SFDC environment, and database management
- Demonstrated ability in increasing marketing ops efficiency through identifying newest and most cost effective technologies for the WordStream marketing technology infrastructure
- Consistent evaluation of tech portfolio and pressure testing of system for scale
- Ensure SFDC environment has a sound data architecture and is properly maintained i.e. correct fields for reporting
- Ability to work cross-functionally with sales organization
- Establish and maintain scalable processes that ensure best practices in campaign and lead management.
- Create and maintain metrics reports on marketing and sales activities and effectiveness and business impact.
- Analyze marketing and sales data to develop insights and make recommendations on areas for optimization.
- Monitor and maintain data quality within the marketing database.
- Evaluate new technologies and add-on applications to improve and optimize marketing team performance.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience.
- 6+ years of experience in Marketing with 3+ years’ experience in marketing operations
- Strong analytical skills (including mastery of Microsoft Excel) and experience with reporting and data analysis.
- Proficient in marketing automation systems (e.g. Marketo) and integrating those systems with other technologies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment.
- Technically capable, excellent communicator and a desire to improve processes.
- Highly proficient user of tools including Excel and Powerpoint
- Track record of supporting successful demand generation programs with breadth of knowledge from marketing databases, segmentation, email execution, reporting & analysis
- Results-oriented self-starter and problem-solver; able to work independently, but also a strong team player; dependable and organized
- Strong team player with ability to develop effective working relationships across organization
If we’ve described you, then please contact us! Submit your resume and cover letter including demonstrated results supporting the culture, abilities and responsibilities of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch.
We’re located in Back Bay, convenient to many commuter friendly options. WordStream was named the 9th Fastest Growing Company in Boston by the Inc 500, and recently secured a $12M round of investment capital to help continue an impressive growth streak. We’re a fast growing start-up with over 100 employees.
Our software and services help businesses and agencies take the guesswork out of pay-per-click advertising so you get more from your marketing budget.