Clone of Landing Pages & Leads: How to Create a Landing Page (The Easy Way) with WordStream
Many businesses fail at PPC because they can’t close the loop – even if they’re bidding on the right keywords and have written compelling, clickable PPC ads, they lose the sale once the visitor is on their site.
A well-designed, conversion-optimized landing page is the last piece in the PPC puzzle. Once you’ve convinced someone to click from the search engine to your site, you need to convince them to take action – usually by filling out a form to become a lead. And you accomplish that with landing pages.
But landing pages are a constant challenge for advertisers – they’re resource-hungry, you can’t build them in AdWords, and if they don’t follow PPC-specific best practices, they won’t work for PPC.
Landing Pages & Leads solves all those problems. This set of tools, built right into WordStream PPC Advisor, makes landing page creation and analysis fast and easy:
- It’s Complete: PPC Advisor is a start-to-finish PPC management solution, with all the tools you need to get started in PPC and then cross the finish line. (You can’t do this in AdWords!) WordStream also provides a ready-to-use hosting environment, while enabling you to publish to your own subdomain.
- It’s Simple: Landing Pages & Leads empowers you to create, edit and publish effective PPC landing pages, using a step-by-step wizard, without requiring the involvement of your IT team. It’s fast and easy – no more excuses for sending PPC traffic to your home page!
- It’s PPC-Specific: Landing Pages & Leads is designed specifically for PPC. It bakes in best practices for PPC landing page layout and design and ensures that your landing pages meet Google Quality Score guidelines and are optimized for conversions.
In addition, Landing Pages & Leads gives you detailed lead tracking information for deep insight into which keywords and landing pages are driving the best results for your business. You can check your landing page conversion rates, dig in for more details on specific leads, and export all your lead data – so you not only drive more leads through PPC, you can understand why you got them.
Here's how it works!
How to Create a Landing Page with WordStream’s Landing Page Software
Landing Pages & Leads includes an easy-to-use landing page builder that guides you through the process of creating a well-designed, conversion-optimized landing page in four simple steps. This intuitive point-and-click interface has a preview on the right, so you’ll be able to see what your landing page looks like as you build it.
Step 1: Choose Your Landing Page Theme
The first step is to define the look and feel of your landing page.
Here you can personalize your landing page:
- Choose a color palette and background color
- Upload a company logo
- Choose a main image for your landing page
Step 2: Add Your Landing Page Content
Here you can write the headline and body copy that will appear on your page. The goal of this copy is to paint a compelling picture of your offering so that your prospect wants to complete your desired action.
Your headline will do most of the work, so focus on writing a strong headline that is clearly relevant to your keyword and ad text – Google looks for relevance between these three elements when determining your Quality Score. For the body, write clear, concise copy that communicates the unique benefits of your offering, so users want to take the next step.
Step 3: Build Your Landing Page Form
Along with the headline, the form is one of the most important levers on your landing page. A well-designed form can have a huge effect on your conversion rates.
Here you can create a completely customized landing page form, from header to footer:
- Choose the fields you want to include and which fields will be required, including standard fields and custom fields.
- Choose a call to action for your form button – tell users what they’ll get when they complete the form!
- Create a thank you page that users will see after clicking the button. You can upload an asset, such as a white paper, and paste in your conversion code so you can track form completions.
Step 4: Adjust Your Landing Page Settings and Publish!
In the final step you can adjust your landing page settings.
These settings include:
- Your landing page URL
- Analytics code and scripts (for tracking traffic to your landing page)
- Your landing page footer, including any desired links, such as a link to your company home page
Once you’ve completed the setup process, you can save your new landing page as a draft, preview it, or publish it with one click. Your finished landing page might look something like this:
Now you’ve got a conversion-ready landing page! It’s completely DIY, no graphic designers, developers or other IT staff required.
Track and Analyze Your PPC Leads with WordStream
Over half of AdWords advertisers don’t even have conversion tracking set up in their accounts, which means they don’t know what’s working and what isn’t. You can’t improve your conversion rates if you don’t know what they are in the first place.
The whole point of having landing pages, of course, is to get leads through PPC. Landing Pages & Leads helps ensure that you’re in a position both to get more leads and to understand why and how you got them! Here you can check your conversion rates and dig in for more lead intelligence:
- Get detailed lead tracking information for deep insight into which keywords and landing pages are driving the best results for your business.
- Check your landing page conversion rates.
- Export all your lead data.
Try WordStream’s Landing Page Software for Free
To see how easy it is to create a landing page with WordStream, try Landing Pages & Leads yourself – start your free trial of PPC Advisor now.
Our software and services help businesses and agencies take the guesswork out of pay-per-click advertising so you get more from your marketing budget.