Larry Kim founded WordStream in 2007. He bootstrapped the company by providing internet consulting services while funding/managing a team of engineers and marketers to develop and sell software for search engine marketing automation. In August of 2008 he secured a $4M Series A investment from Sigma Partners and later in 2010, a $6M Series B investment led by Egan Managed Partners.
Larry's studied Electrical Engineering at the University of Waterloo and started out in in varous software engineering and software product management jobs. He wrote 4 Award-Winning Books on Software Development. Today his focus is on Internet Marketing, with keen interest in AdWords and Facebook Ads.
Larry is a frequent blogger for the Wordstream Blog, Search Engine Land, Moz, Search Engine Journal, Search Engine Watch, Inc. Magazine, Marketing Profs, Small Biz Trends and dozens of other business, technology, and internet marketing publications. He's also a top 20 contributor at Inbound.org, and authored the most shared PPC article of all time. His content has generates around 2 million pageviews per month..
Larry was the most influential PPC expert in 2015, 2014 and 2013 according to the PPC Hero Blog. In 2015 Larry also won Search Marketer of the Year Awards from the US Search Awards and Search Engine Land. Previously he and won a spot in the ClickZ Digital Marketing Hall of Fame and Small Business Influencer Award. He was also the top columnist for all of Search Engine Land in 2013 and is the Most Influential Search Engine Marketer of 2014 and most retweeted SEM according to 3QDigital.
Larry is a frequent speaker at search marketing industry conferences including the following recent and upcoming events.
- October 2016 - SearchLove London
- October 2016 - Pubcon
- October 2016 - PPC Heroconf
- September 2016 - SMX East
- July 2016 - Learn Inbound (Dublin) (Conference Keynote)
- June 2016 - SocialPro
- June 2016 - MNSearch
- May 2016 - Search Marketing Summit Sydney (Conference Keynote)
- May 2016 - SearchLove Boston (Ranked #1 Session)
- May 2016 - Conversion Conference
- May 2016 - Content Marketing Conference (Ranked #4 Session)
- May 2015 - Media Hungary (Conference Keynote)
- April 2016 - PPC HeroConf
- April 2016 - Marketing United (Conference Keynote)
- April 2016 - Web à Québec 2016
- April 2016 - SEJ Summit
- March 2016 - SEER Interactive
- March 2016 - SEMPDX
- Feb 2016 - Pubcon SFIMA
- Feb 2016 - ClickZ Miami
- Feb 2016 - Social Media Days (Norway) (Conference Keynote)
- Feb. 2016 - Friends of Search (Amsterdam) (Conference Keynote)
- Jan. 2016 - SLCSEM
- Nov. 28, 2015 - Marketing Festival (Czech Republic) (Conference Keynote)
- Oct. 22, 2015 - 3XE Digital (Conference Keynote)
- Oct. 19, 2015 - SearchLove London
- Oct. 5, 2015 - Pubcon Las Vegas (Full-day master class)
- Sept. 8, 2015 - INBOUND 2015
- Sept. 11, 2015 - SearchLove San Diego
- Sept. 16, 2015 - SEJ Summit New York
- Sept. 29, 2015 - SMX East (Solo-Talk)
- August 13, 2015 - South Florida Interactive Marketing Association (SFIMA)
- June 11, 2015 - SAScon 2015 (UK) (Conference Keynote)
- May 13, 2015 - Content Marketing Conference
- May 12, 2015 - Conversion Conference
- April 30, 2015 - SearchLove Conference (Ranked Top Speaker)