Google Goggles: Image-Recognition Mobile App
The Google Goggles app is an image-recognition mobile app that uses visual search technology to identify objects through a mobile device’s camera. Users can take a photo of a physical object, and Google searches and retrieves information about the image.
The Google Goggles mobile app can:
- Recognize and offer information for historical landmarks
- Scan barcodes and QR codes
- Recognize books, CDs, artwork, logos, and other 2D objects
- Add contacts by scanning business cards
- Recognize and conduct a Google search for similar products
- Solve Sudoku Puzzles
- Translate foreign language text
The Google Goggles translate feature can translate foreign text (like a dinner menu) for travelers visiting foreign-speaking countries. A very handy feature for those with wanderlust.
Download Google Goggles Mobile App
There is an android Google Goggles app, available to download at the Google Play Store, as well as a Google Goggles iPhone app. Both app downloads are available for free. Currently there is no Google Goggles for PC option - a mobile device is required.
For more information about Google’s mobile image-recognition app, try watching the Google Goggles video on YouTube.