The Free Keyword Tool — Better PPC & SEO Keyword Selection
Free Keyword Tool Topics
- What People Say About Our Keyword Tool
- Video Tutorial for The Free Keyword Tool
- Our Free Keyword Research Tool is 100% FREE
- Keyword Databases for The Free Keyword Tool
- Foreign Language Keywords
- Free Keyword Suggestion Tool CAPTHCA
- All Your Keyword Data is Private
- About the Relative Volume of Keywords
- Free Keyword Search Tool is Fast, Accurate
- Comparing Free Keyword Tools
- Is WordStream for PPC Right for Me?
- Learn More About WordStream for PPC
Learn More about The FREE Keyword Tool
Want to know more about The Free Keyword Tool, like where it gets its data, what "relative volume" means, or how it compares to other free keyword tools? Then, keep reading or you can use the links to the right to jump down to a particular topic of interest.
Here’s what some of the biggest names in search marketing have to say about The Free Keyword Tool.
"The coolest feature it offers is that it allows you to download thousands of keywords at once."
- Aaron Wall, SEOBook
"WordStream has launched a free keyword research tool that is better than Google's limited one."
- Frank Watson, Search Engine Watch
"In a time where most willingly pay for multiple commercial tools, it's refreshing to see one free tool deliver great results that render the others useless."
- SEO expert Eric Lander
"An awesome alternative to paid Wordtracker or Keyword Discovery."
- Search Engine Journal
We pride ourselves on offering what many feel is the best free keyword tool available online. Google keyword research can be difficult and confusing for those new to online advertising, but our free keyword research tools are made to help.
You can watch an online video tutorial for our free keywords tool, demonstrating how to use our tool to do a free keywords search and find free keywords for your business.
The Free Keyword Tool is free for guest users, providing free keyword research. You get 10 free keyword searches up-front, then one free keyword search per day going forward. You can email the full free keywords list of keyword suggestions to yourself for free. Expert keyword research - free!
People often ask us where we get the keyword data that fuels The Free Keyword Tool. The answer is we purchase the data through a number of U.S.-based search industry partnerships, which include:
- Internet Service Providers
- Browser Toolbars
- Search Engines
Once we’ve acquired this keyword research data, we apply sophisticated statistical models to aggregate the different keyword data sets, applying various weightings and powerful semantic algorithms to compute related terms.
WordStream's keyword database is U.S.-based. This means that our keyword suggestions are based on searches done within the United States and therefore, the majority of our keywords are in English. However, we do have foreign language keywords in our free keyword suggestion tool database since some international searchers will search in their native language. To see whether or not WordStream has the foreign language keywords you are looking for, do some test searches using the Free Keyword Suggestion Tool.
About Our Free Keyword Suggestion Tool CAPTCHA
We use a CAPTCHA to verify that you're a real person interested in keyword analysis. This helps us prevent abuse so our computing resources aren’t bogged down by spammy bots, allowing the free keyword research tool to run much faster like a truly efficient keyword generator should.
First, here’s some background on us. Besides free keyword tools, WordStream provides PPC software, a keyword analyzer and a host of next-generation keyword tools for conducting proprietary keyword discovery, keyword research, keyword grouping and keyword organization. That said, the private keyword data that users plug into any WordStream product (paid or free) is never shared, sold or in any way integrated with any of our keywords tools. While using our keyword free tool, you can trust that your data is safe.
Maybe you've seen the phrase "relative volume" in our free keyword search tool and are wondering what it means. Our free keyword search tools have a built in free keyword search volume tool; relative volume is our estimate of how often particular keyword phrases are searched on. The higher a keyword’s relative volume, the more frequently that keyword is searched.
We believe that The Free Keyword Tool provides the most comprehensive and accurate keyword suggestions and relative volume estimates of any free or paid keyword suggestion tool or keyword software on the market. The WordStream Free Keyword Tool was designed to generate more accurate keyword suggestions than the Google Keyword Tool, Google's AdWords Keyword Tool and other keyword tools by aggregating over 1 billion unique keywords, including:
- AdWords keywords - find high-volume low competition niche longtail keywords that your competitors haven't discovered.
- Keywords for websites - find popular and niche keywords for your websites at scale. Don't be limited to Google's 200 keyword suggestions.
- Keyword phrases - learn what real phrases users type into search engines to address their needs.
- Long tail keywords - have a keyword tool that displays actual long tail keyword queries instead of ignoring them.
- Negative keywords - save thousands of dollars by discovering what keywords your PPC keywords should not bid for.
- Meta keywords - help search engines understand your website with meta keywords.
- PPC keywords - research keywords with business ROI opportunities without Google's censorship.
- SEO keywords - export tens of thousands of keywords for SEO purposes.
This aggregated keyword data represents over a trillion search queries and hundreds of millions of related terms from diverse keyword sources. Using this method for our free keyword tools enables us to provide a more comprehensive and less biased mix of both head and long-tail terms for you to use in SEO and PPC marketing activities.
With WordStream's keyword brainstorming tool, you don't need to download a thing- our free keyword suggestion tools exists online for you to use at your convenience. Obtain your free keywords lists without the hassle of downloading and installing.
When you pit The Free Keyword Tools against other keyword suggestion tools, there’s really no comparison. With our PPC and SEO keyword tool, you get:
- More: We give you more keyword suggestion results than even the paid version of any popular free keyword search tool
- Faster: The Free Keyword Tool is blazingly-fast, returning instantaneous keyword suggestions and related keywords
- Free: You get more keywords, faster, all for FREE!
Keyword tools in general are notorious for supplying dubious keyword results and inaccurate search volume estimates. In designing The Free Keyword Tool, our goal was to devise a means to overcome known keyword discovery tool problems, such as:
- Google's keyword suggestion tool and their AdWords tool for keywords have a tendency to suggest only the most popular keywords, or “head terms,” while greatly overestimating keyword search volume. Also, you may have noticed that Google’s tools are slow in returning results. WordStream's superior AdWords keyword discovery tool provides specific traffic-driving keywords in addition to head terms.
- Wordtracker keyword generator and other keyword search marketing tools, on the other hand, grab their data from obscure and seldom used resources, like Metacrawler and Dogpile, which tend to favor less popular keyword searches ("long-tail" terms). These other free keyword suggestion tools don't offer particularly accurate results, either.
How do you compare to the Google keyword tool external?
The main differences between the Free Keywords Tool and the Google Keyword Tool External is that the Free Keyword Tool gives more diversified long tail keyword data, and more actionable & easy to use keyword research tools. Read the official announcement for more details on how we're different from the Keyword Tool External
Keyword research is an important step in the search and inbound marketing process, but not the only step. To succeed in the long run, you need actionable PPC and SEO tools and strategies to enable ongoing keyword discovery, organization and analysis. If your company spends $5,000 or more per month on PPC advertising, you probably need a PPC management solution to create, manage, and optimize your AdWords campaigns for maximum ROI.
Is the Free Keyword Tool better than the google keyword search tool
Yes, WordStream's Free Keywords Search Tool is superior to the Google Keyword Research tool because WordStream's free keywords suggestion tool offers 8x more results and has over 1 trillion long tail keywords, providing more free keywords for search engines.