Keyword Expansion: How to Continuously Expand Your Keyword List
Keyword expansion, the practice of adding to your keyword list in search engine marketing, can save you money while expanding your marketing reach. In this tutorial, you'll learn:
- What keyword expansion means
- Why keyword expansion is important
- Best practices for keyword expansion
What is Keyword Expansion?
Keyword expansion is the act of adding new keywords to your current keyword list and search campaignss, so that you rank for more keywords and pull in more traffic.
Keywords are the backbone of your search marketing efforts, and a stagnant keyword list is as dangerous as a stagnant business. In fact, one can lead to the other. Keyword expansion is crucial in order to stay relevant and competitive.
So what's the best way to expand a keyword list? How do you know which keywords are appropriate for your business? How do you stay current?
With WordStream's Keyword Discovery Tool, you can expand your keyword list with valuable, untapped keyword verticals and minimize time spent shifting through irrelevant keywords.
Why is It Important to Expand Keywords?
Expanding your keywords list opens the doors to new opportunities and new potential customers. Identifying unique and well performing keywords assists all areas of your business, including product development and client communication. Without new keywords, you can't grow your site traffic and find new leads and customers.
Put simply, keyword expansion can save you money and improve your business. Benefits include:
- Finding keywords with lower CPCs and higher conversion rates
- Edging out competition with words your competitor doesn't know about
- Understanding how people talk about your product or features
WordStream's Keyword Expansion Tools
WordStream offers a suite of free keyword tools designed to help you continuously expand and organize your keywords for search marketing.
Benefits of using WordStream’s keyword tools include:
- Expand your keyword list – Find thousands of keywords that are relevant to your business with the Free Keyword Tool.
- Actionable keyword data - Instead of just a list of keywords, our tools give you structured, actionable data, ready to use in search marketing campaigns. For example, you can drop a list of keywords into the Keyword Grouper to get back an organized set of relevant keyword niches. Our Opportunity Score helps you prioritize which keywords to act on first.
- Negative keyword expansion - Our free Negative Keyword Tool is a fast and easy way to expand your negative keyword list, saving you money in your PPC campaigns.
Using WordStream is the best way to expand keywords while maintaining relevance within your search campaign. You get all the benefits of keyword expansion, such as finding new verticals and discovering strong converting keywords with a lower CPC, without the tedious and repetitive work that's often involved.
Start expanding your keyword campaigns with WordStream by trying our Free Keyword Tool now.