Over the course of the past few months we’ve created a series of series focusing on various aspects of the Google AdWords interface. Thus far we’ve covered:
- Google AdWords Ad Extensions
- The Google AdWords Dimensions Tab & AdWords Reporting
- Google AdWords Campaign Settings & the AdWords Settings Tab
While Google offers their own help sections, the materials there tend to be pretty dry and of course are more geared towards the mechanics of using the interface in the way that Google wants you to use, rather than being centered around best practices for the advertiser. And, as many of you have realized, the AdWords interface and managing AdWords campaigns has become really complex and too difficult for many busy AdWords advertisers.
As a result, we’re continuing with our collection of guides to getting the most out of the AdWords interface, and in this guide we'll focus on creating and analyzing your AdWords ads.
What You’ll See in the Guide to Creating AdWords Ads
Below is a list of the topics we’ll cover in this AdWords Ads series:
- Creating a Google AdWords Text Ad – This post will walk through the creation of a simple text ad, including some best practices for getting the most out of your text ads.
- Creating a Google AdWords Image Ad – Here we’ll walk through the nuts and bolts of getting your AdWords image ad up and running for your display network campaigns, as well as offering you some tips for where to get quality banner ads created.
- Using the Google AdWords Display Ad Builder –We’ll walk you through Google’s free tool that can help you quickly create display ads for use in your content network campaigns.
- Creating Google AdWords Video & Mobile Ads - We'll show you how to create video ads and mobile ads using AdWords' tools and additional resources.
- Analyzing Your Google AdWords Ads – The final post in the series will offer advice for evaluating ad text performance, both within the AdWords interface and within Excel for more complex campaigns.
If you have any specific questions regarding ad creation or analysis drop a note in the comments and we’ll try to cover it in the series!
About the Author
Tom Demers is co-founder and managing partner at Measured SEM LLC, a boutique search marketing agency offering search engine marketing consulting services including pay-per-click account management, SEO audits, content marketing services, and a variety of link building packages and services such as guest posts and blogging strategy.