75 Staggering Video Marketing Statistics for 2021
As digital marketing evolves, we continue to see trends favoring video! Here are some quick and easy video marketing statistics to use to convince your boss to invest in that video project, YouTube ads, or simply qualify your Snapchat habit.
Video marketing statistics: the consumer side
- People watch an average of 16 hours of online video per week, which is a 52% increase in the last two years.
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and image content combined.
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text.
- 96% of people have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
- 86% of people would like to see more video from brands.
64% of consumers make a purchase after watching branded social videos.
- 68% of consumers prefer watching videos to learn about new products or services, as compared to articles, infographics, ebooks, and presentations.
- 82% would rather watch live video than read social media posts.
Note: This doesn't mean blogging or social media posts are dead! Both of these forms of content are a crucial part of any digital marketing strategy, especially for SEO and reputation.
- The sweet spot for video ad length is 6-10 seconds.
- Consumers who end up on an e-commerce site through a user-generated video are 184% more likely to purchase, and spend 45% more.
- Google shows a video thumbnail next to a search result about 26% of the time, and users are more likely to click that listing.
Notice how video can easily dominate organic results on the SERP.
Video marketing statistics: the business side
- 51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- 87% of online marketers use video content.
- The most popular video types made by marketers in 2021 include explainer videos (72%), presentation videos (49%), testimonial videos (48% ), and sales videos and video ads (42% each).
Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
- Marketers who incorporate video into their campaigns experience 34% higher conversion rates.
- Shoppable video is starting to show higher conversion and click-through rates than those of display ads.
- 84% of marketers say video has helped them generate leads.
- 87% of video marketers report that video gives them a positive ROI.
- It is projected that from 2017 to 2024, digital video ad expenditure is expected to increase 41.9%.
In 2020, the global streaming market grew 55% from 2019 (from 104.11 billion to 161.37 billion).
YouTube video marketing statistics
- YouTube has over 2.3 billion users monthly logged-in users (which means this number for all users is likely higher).
- YouTube is the preferred digital video platform for 90% of people in the US.
- More than 1 billion hours of video are consumed on YouTube every day.
- 70% of YouTube watch time occurs on mobile devices.
- 90% of people discover new brands or products via YouTube.
- 70% of YouTube viewers have made a purchase from a brand as a result of seeing it on YouTube.
- 80% of YouTube viewers prefer True Viewads over in-stream ads.
- 50.9% of B2B decision-makers use YouTube to research purchases
- 62% of businesses use YouTube as a channel for posting video.
Only 9% of all small businesses in the US use YouTube.
- 62% of ad time on YouTube mobile gets viewer attention, compared to 45% of TV ad time.
Facebook video marketing statistics
- Facebook Live viewership increased by 50% in the spring of 2020.
- Facebook Watch has a global daily user base of 140 million, who spend an average of 26 minutes per day watching video.
- 84% of video marketers are using Facebook as one of their main video marketing channels.
The average engagement rate for Facebook video posts is 0.26% (compared to the 0.15% overall engagement rate).
- Video promotions are now equally as popular as photo promotions on Facebook.
- Native videos on Facebook have 10 times higher reach compared to YouTube links. Want even greater reach? Advertising on the display network is phenomenal for reaching new prospects affordably, and tools like our free Smart Ads Creator make it easier than ever.
- Consumers are 23% ore likelty to remember the brand behind an ad if it appears within the first 3 seconds of the video ad.
- 75% of businesses on Facebook use video ads.
- More than 75% of marketers have stated that Facebook Live helped to increase sales for their business.
- Only 25% of businesses use Facebook Live weekly.
- 47% of the total campaign value of a Facebook video ad is created in under three seconds.
- Over 500 million (half a BILLION) people are watching video on Facebook every day (via Forbes).
- Facebook video ad conversion rates are highest for videos 16-20 seconds in duration.
Twitter video marketing statistics
- 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter
- 90% of Twitter video views happen on a mobile device.
- Video views on Twitter increased 62% from 2019 to 2020.
Tweets with video get 10X more engagement than those without.
- Video watch time on Twitter increased 72% from 2019 to 2020.
- People watch 2 billion videos on Twitter every day, which is a 67% year-over-year growth.
- Twitter Video Ads save more than 50% on cost per engagement.
- Twitter Video Ads with Website Buttons deliver a 2x higher click-through rate than standard mobile video ads and increase user retention by more than 60%.
- Twitter video watch time in 2020 increased in all categories compared to 2019.
>>Want better results from your ads? Get our all-star playbook to online advertising FREE<<
Instagram video marketing statistics
- 77% of marketers have posted a video on IGTV.
- Instagram video ads receive 3x more engagement than image ads, by means of comments.
- 25% of Instagram ads are single video ads.
79% of the people say a video ad has convinced them to buy a product or software.
- 58% of marketers planned to use video marketing on Instagram in 2021.
- Around 70% of Instagram users watch video content in the form of Stories on a daily basis
- 1 in 4 consumers have made a purchase after seeing a story on Instagram.
- Mobile-shot Stories ads outperform studio-shot ads by 63% of the time.
More video marketing statistics
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video.
- Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from SERPs.
- Videos up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement.
- 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound.
Video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more.
- The average CVR for websites using video is 4.8%, compared to 2.9% for those that don’t use video.
- Having a video on a landing page makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of the SERP.
- An initial email with a video receives an increased click-through rate by 96%.
- Attaching a video in an email can lead to a 200-300% increase in CTR.
- Using the word “video” in the subject line increases open rates by 19%, CTR by 65%, and cuts the number of unsubscribes by 26%.
- 54% of email subscribers prefer emails with videos.
- Blog posts incorporating video attract 3x as many inbound links as blog posts without video.
- Combining video with full-page ads boosts engagement by 22%.