33 Mind-Boggling Instagram Stats & Facts for 2018
Launched in 2010 and acquired by Facebook in 2012, Instagram has taken the mobile photo-sharing niche by storm, with no signs of stopping soon.
Thinking about using Instagram to market your business? Want to become Instagram famous? Here are the coolest, most surprising Instagram statistics and facts to know in 2018. (Check out our big list of Facebook stats, too!)
Instagram Demographic Statistics
1. 80% of Instagram users are outside of the US.
2. Most Instagram users are between 18-29 years old.
3. Six in ten online adults have Instagram accounts.
4. Female internet users are more likely to use Instagram than men, at 38% vs. 26%.
5. 32% of teenagers consider Instagram to be the most important social network.
6. 32% of Instagram users attended college.
7. 26% of Instagram users make more than $75,000 per year.
Instagram Usage Statistics
1. After Instagram itself, Selena Gomez has the most followers with 124 million. Cristiano Ronaldo has 108 million and National Geographic has 80.2 million.
2. Beyonce holds the record for the most liked Instagram with her pregnancy announcement which garnered almost 11 million likes.
3. As of 2017, there are over 1 billion active Instagrammers up from 800 million in 2017 (via statista).
4. Half of those users (500 million) are active every day.
5. There are 16,600,000 Google searches for "instagram" per month.
6. There are 165,000 searches per month for "kylie jenner instagram"
7. 51% of Instagram users access the platform daily, and 35% say they look at the platform several times per day.
8. 95 million photos and videos are shared on Instagram per day.
9. Over 40 billion photos and videos have been shared on the Instagram platform since its conception.
Instagram Business Statistics
1. There are over 25 million business profiles using Instagram worldwide up from 15 million in July of 2017.
2. Instagram has 2 million monthly active advertisers up from 1 million in March of 2017.
3. 60% of the top brands on Instagram use the same filter for every post.
4. Over 80% of accounts on Instagram follow a business, and over 200 million Instagrammers actively a business profile every day.
5. According to the Motely Fool it’s estimated that Instagram brought in $4 billion in revenue in 2017, accounting for roughly 20 percent of Facebook’s annual revenue.
6. By 2019, it’s estimated that Instagram ad revenue will reach over $10 billion according to The Drum.
7. This year, 70.7% of U.S. companies will use Instagram for marketing, edging out Twitter for the first time.
8. 50% of Instagram users follow at least one business.
9. 60% of users say that they have learned about a product or service on the platform.
Instagram Content Statistics
1. 300 million users use the “stories” feature daily.
2. Instagram posts with at least one hashtag average 12.6% more engagement than those without.
3. The best time to post on Instagram for the most engagement is at 5 PM on Wednesdays.
4. As of December 2016, there were over 282 million selfies on Instagram.
5. The most used emoji is the heart <3
6. According to British anti-bullying organization Ditch The Label’s annual survey, Instagram was the most widely used cyberbullying network in 2017, with 42 percent of those cyberbullied reporting that Instagram was the network of choice.
7. Pizza is the most widely Instagrammed food, directly ahead of steak and sushi.
8. The most popular filters are Clarendon, Gingham and Juno/Lark.
Know any important Instagram statistics that we missed? Let us know!