Search on Google for New Year’s Instagram captions and what do you get? The same exact 70 or 80 captions in every list…captions best suited for trendy 20-somethings, like Any excuse to wear sequins! Captions not applicable to your business, like Just here for the champagne. Or captions that have been beaten down to a pulp, like new year, new—
I can’t even finish typing that one.
This is why I’ve set out to provide you with a list of versatile, creative New Year’s Instagram captions you won’t find anywhere else. So read on to enter your oasis in a desert of “Just here to find my Troy Bolton”s and “Sip sip hooray”s.
New Year Instagram caption prompts
Here are some New Year’s-related Instagram caption prompts and templates to get the gears turning. Keep in mind that if you are looking for something a bit more standard, these Happy New Year wishes should do the trick.
- Now if this isn’t the best first [something you’re doing] of the year, then I don’t know what is.
- A year ago today I was…
- [Specific number] days ago, I was…
- If I keep my resolution this year, I will be [adjective, verb, feeling emotion] in exactly  hours and I can’t WAIT.
- 525,600 minutes. I plan to spend X of them [doing X].
- 2022 cleanout:
Toss: [insert emotions, mistakes, etc.]
Keep: [emotions, lessons, ideas]
- If last year was the year of [insert something here], then this year will be a year of…
May you keep your stars on the eyes this year…
Don’t miss our free and readymade New Year’s social media images. You can post as is or customize in Canva!
Engaging New Year’s Instagram captions
The best time to post on Instagram is when you have something that your followers are likely to comment on, like, or share. The most engaging posts are the ones with questions and invitations to your followers. Consider these:
- If you could do one thing again from the year, what would it be?
- If you had to pick one day to repeat itself next year, what would it be?
- Your book. 2023. Page one of 365. What’s your opening sentence?
- What’s your first [activity related to your niche] of 2023 going to be?
- Before we get into the new, let’s talk about the old! Your 2022 resolution. Did you achieve it? Pivot it? Drop the ball? Learn from it? Talk to me.
- If I had to pick five emojis to describe this past year, they’d be [insert emojis here]. What about you?
- Dig through your camera roll, share your faves. Tag #customhashtag
- What’s the best advice you received this year?
- What were your three biggest accomplishments of the year?
Last workout of the year. What was yours?
NON “New Year new you” Instagram captions
Guys. There are so many words that rhyme with new and year, you can have a field day with this one.
- Cool hair. New do?
- New year. overdue.
- New year, new ‘tude.
- New gear, new shoes!
- New beer, you choose!
- New year, old news!
- New year, who dis
- New year, new flair.
- New career, new views.
- New year? You choose.
- New year. Wahoo!
- New year. Renew.
- New year, same crew. Wouldn’t have it any other way.
- True gear, true you.
- New year, new fear.
- New year, new gear.
- New year, more clear
- New year, new—no.
I’m actually happy with who I am, thank you.
Looking for more authentic captions? Try our 78 [also not overused] Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and Christmas Instagram captions.
Nostalgic New Year Instagram captions
While everyone else is talking about the new year, take a trip on back to the past year via your camera roll and post the gems you find. Polish them off with captions like…
- Looking back on the past and feeling grateful.
- Here’s to making more memories like this.
- Where were you this time last year?
- 365 days later…
- How am I just finding this in my camera roll?
- I can’t believe I never shared this one…
- It feels like this happened yesterday.
- No regrets…even on days like this
- It was days like this (share good day photo) that kept me going through days like this (share bad day photo).
- Wouldn’t have made it through the year without this guy/gal/pet/friend/coffee cup.
- Spent 365 days straight with this [favorite object, loved person, useful tool, pet].
One-word New Year’s Instagram captions
Sometimes, the photo says it all. Do you have (or can you create) any worthy image candidates for any of these one-word captions?
- Do it
Witty/funny New Year’s captions
You can find some hilarious Instagram captions here as well.
- Start packin’, 2022.
- Headed into the new year like
- Walking into 2023 like
- New Year’s resolution: Exercise (my right to eat) more ([favorite food here])
- Exercise (my right to wear) more (sweatpants)
- Something relatable…
Who said you can’t use your Twitter captions on Insta?
Fun New Year’s Instagram captions
Here are a few more ways to come up with something authentic in your New Year’s Instagram posts.
Share some song lyrics that sum up your year, or that caption one of your photos from your New Year’s celebration, or that give you inspiration for next year.
- I still haven’t found what I’m looking for
- Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
- Are you ready hey are you ready for this? Are you hanging on the edge of your seat?
Share one or more of your superlatives from the year and ask your followers to comment with theirs.
- Longest workout
- Best meal
- Favorite day
- Biggest achievement
- Best day
- Biggest surprise
Take a trip back to English class and see what you come up with.
- Rhyming: 21’s done, the best is yet to come
- Alliteration: Here’s to a tenacious, triumphant, and take-charge start to 2023.
- Personification: And just like that, 2022 snuck out, never to return again.
Goodbye 2022 New Year’s Instagram captions
When in doubt, you can always bid the year adieu with your Instagram caption…
- Fare thee well
- Stay classy
- Catch you on the flip
- It has been emotional, bye
- 2022 is makin’ like a bakery truck and haulin’ buns
- Peace out girl scout
- 2022 is off like a dirty shirt
- Happy trails
- You’re fired
- Once more unto the breach, dear friends
- Parting is such sweet sorrow
- Don’t call us, we’ll call you
- See ya never
Bye forever, 2022.
RELATED: 43+ Creative January Marketing Ideas to Start the Year with a Bang
Hello 2023 New Year Instagram captions captions
On the flip side, give the new year a fun little greeting.
- Nice to meet you, 2023
- Welcome aboard, 2023
- Oh, no no no come on in! We were just finishing 2022…
- I’m ready for you, 2023.
- This one’s gonna be good.
Inspirational New Year’s Instagram captions
We’ll get to the inspiration quote captions next, but for this section, think about how you can inspire your followers with messages related to your business niche or values.
- Don’t share a new year resolution, share a January resolution and encourage your followers to do the same.
- One new year. 12 new chapters to grow. 365 new opportunities to act.
- We did it! [Share last year’s resolution and share useful takeaways/tips that helped you stay on track].
- The first day sets the tone for the year. Here’s how I’m starting mine.
- Do something you’ve never done before today and change the course of your entire year.
- Announce winners for your company core values awards and why they won them.
- Share a tip or idea that will come to fruition next New Year’s Eve.
Looking for caption inspiration, not inspirational captions? Here are 80+ Instagram Caption Ideas for Any Business.
New Year’s quote Instagram captions
- “The beginning is the most important part of the work.” —Plato
- What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven’t even happened yet.” —Anne Frank
- “If you focus on what you’ve left behind, you will never be able to see what lies ahead.” —Ratatouille
- “You’ll never get bored when you try something new. There’s really no limit to what you can do.” —Dr. Seuss
- “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” —C.S. Lewis
- “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” —Abraham Lincoln
- “Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one.” —Brad Paisley
- “The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written.” —Melody Beattie
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” — George Eliot
- Every year you make a resolution to change yourself. This year, make a resolution to be yourself.
New Year’s fun fact captions
Why not share an interesting fact? If you’re a fun fact nerd or just want to share something different, here are some to consider.
- Robert Burns didn’t really write “Auld Lang Syne.” He took a Scottish folk song called “Old Long Syne” and put his own spin on it.
- Did you know that time balls were invented IN 1833 to help sailors coordinate their navigation equipment?
- From 1904-1907, New Year’s Eve in Times Square was celebrated with fireworks. They introduced a ball in1907 as safer bet since embers were falling on the crowd.
- Over 200,000 people attended the first NYE in Times Square (to celebrate the opening of the NYT building). Today, at least one million people attend.
- During WWII (1942 & 1943), New Year’s Eve was observed with a moment of silence at midnight.
- The Times Square ball used to weigh 700 lbs, then dropped 300 lbs with an aluminum base, and is now a whopping11,875 lbs.
- Waterford comes up with a new ball pattern every year, using its 2,688 crystal triangles and over 32,000 lights. And it names each design.
- At midnight in Pennsylvania, Hershey drops a giant kiss, Mechanicsburg drops a giant wrench, and Dillsburg drops a giant Pickle.
- 360 million glasses of champagne are consumed on New Year’s Eve.
- Corks can fly out of a champagne bottle at 25mph.
- January comes from the Latin word “ianua,” which means door, to symbolize the opening of a new door.
- 2,000 lbs of confetti are dropped at midnight in Times Square.
- Wishfetti began in 2015, where anyone can put a wish on official Times Square confetti that gets dropped.
Hopefully, this post has equipped you with some creative ideas for your December and January social media posts. And be sure to bookmark our 76 [Actually] Creative Valentine’s Day Instagram Captions for February.
Happy New Year!
Want more Instagram caption inspo?
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.