If 152 million cards are sent on Mother’s Day each year, I can only imagine how many Mother’s Day Instagram posts are published. And how many collective hours are spent coming up with the perfect caption.
Mother’s Day is different for every business audience, and on an individual level it can vary from joyful to painful. So here are over 40 Mother’s Day Instagram captions that range from funny and sweet to sensitive and factual.
Funny Mother’s Day Instagram captions
For those of you with a witty brand voice, you can use Someecards for funny Mother’s Day Instagram caption ideas:
- If I shared everything you’ve done for me, in this one post, I’d break the internet.
- Happy Mothers Day to the person who uses my voicemail like a podcast.
- Thanks for being a great mom through my thirty-year awkward phase.
- Thanks for always thinking about me to the detriment of your own mental health
- Happy Mother’s Day to the only person who stood between me and a life of crime.
- Happy Mother’s Day to someone who deserves a better Mother’s Day than I’m capable of pulling off without her help.
- Moms are the only ones who can push your buttons because they’ve spent years customizing the codes.
- I hope to someday be half as brilliant, gorgeous, and beautiful as you are but twice as capable of using the internet.
Sweet Instagram captions for Mother’s Day
If you want to stick with the more traditional sentiment of the holiday, here are some sweet Mother’s Day captions for Instagram:
- Not always eye to eye, but always heart to heart.
- First friend, best friend, forever friend.
- To the world you are a mother, but to our family you are the world.
- Mothers are daily miracles.
- Everything I am, you helped me to be.
- The world would fall apart without you.
- Wishing you a day that feels like (an unexpected nap, the beach, etc.)
- Because of your love and support, I’m a badass. Thank you mom.
- There are 200 billion trillion stars in the universe. That’s how many reasons I have to celebrate you.
- Mothers are the only ones who carry you nine months in her belly, three years in her arms, and forever in her heart.
- Happy Mothers Day to all the incredible moms out there. We celebrate and honor you
- Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there—whether you’re a mom or like a mom. Your love is the greatest and most precious gift in the world. May the universe bless you with endless love, good health & happiness!
- M.O.M: mater of multitasking. Maker of memories. Manager of money. Maker of meals. Made of magic.
RELATED: 16 Simple, Meaningful Mother’s Day Marketing Ideas
Creative Mother’s Day captions for Instagram
Instead of all that talk about flowers, you can acknowledge a mother’s love with fascinating animal mom facts like these.
- Mother giraffes are always on their guard, protecting their calves (baby giraffes). They will only get about 30 minutes of sleep a day, and just for a few minutes at a time!
- Each night before going to sleep gorillas make a cozy bed out of leaves. Gorilla moms share these nests with their nursing babies
- Mother cats are called queens
- The mother gazelle helps its baby stand up on its feet, just moments after it’s born! She will hide her baby in tall grasses while she grazes, and come back to feed it every few hours.
You can also have fun with acronyms. For example
(Bear with me here, I’m just trying to give you a creative spark.)
(Like I said, just spitballing here.)
(I’m least embarrassed about this one.)
Other creative Mother’s Day Instagram caption ideas:
- Share how Mother’s Day is celebrated in different cultures and ask your followers to share their traditions.
- Provide Mother’s Day fun facts…like that fact that the woman who created it became so disgusted with how commercialized it became actually got arrested in her protests against it.
- Or that 152 million cards are sent on this day—an opportunity to promote sustainability?
Inclusive Mother’s Day Instagram captions
Relate to a more diverse range of individuals in your audience on Mother’s Day with these inclusive captions:
- Ma, nene, ahm, majka, mare, motina, madr, mae, matka, mutter, makuahine, mam, mathair, nanay
- Happy Mother’s Day not only to all the moms on earth, but also all the moms in heaven. Sending lots of love on this day.
- Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers. If you’ve lost a child, lost a mother, or are yearning to be a mother, I’m thinking of you today and every day.
- On this Mothers Day, to moms, grandmas, stepmoms, foster moms, moms in heaven, future moms, bereaved moms, and mom figures: we’re thinking of you.
Mother’s Day quotes
When in doubt, Mother’s Day quotes make great Instagram captions:
- “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” —Barbara Kingsolver
- “Mother—that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries.” —T. Dewitt Talmage
- “If evolution really works, how come mothers have only two hands?” —Milton Berle
- “The phrase ’working mother’ is redundant.” —Jane Sellman
- “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” —Unknown
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.” —Maya Angelou
Words to use in your Mother’s Day Instagram captions
If you want to be fully authentic, build your own Instagram caption with these words to describe mothers:
- Free spirit
For even more ideas, hop on over to LOCALiQ’s Happy Mother’s Day social media ideas and templates.
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.