PPC University: Learn Search Marketing for Free with WordStream
PPC University is a free educational resource, brought to you from the PPC experts at WordStream, to help you learn PPC.
PPC, also known as pay-per-click marketing or paid search marketing, is a complicated topic, and there's so much conflicting information out there, it can be overwhelming for beginners – and even for people who have been doing search marketing for years! That's why we created PPC U, an organized, manageable framework of PPC courses to teach you the basics of paid search as well as more advanced PPC strategies, all in an easy-to-follow format.
Free AdWords Training in Three Courses
Think of PPC U as a free Google AdWords training program. It's organized into three courses. Beginners can start with PPC 101 and then move onto PPC 102 and Advanced PPC. In these PPC training courses, you'll learn:
- The PPC Basics: Think AdWords for Dummies! (Don't worry, you're not dumb – everyone has to start somewhere.) In this course, you'll learn the answer to basic questions like "What is PPC?" and "What are keywords?" You'll also learn how to set up an AdWords account, including all the key elements of an AdWords account from keywords to ad groups to campaign structure, as well as the primary metrics you'll need to track, such as cost per click and Quality Score.
- AdWords Optimization Best Practices: Once you know the basic concepts, you can move on to learning PPC advertising tips that help you make the most of your budget. PPC 102 includes lessons on keyword research, landing page optimization, bid management, ad text optimization, and other PPC optimization techniques you need to know.
- Advanced AdWords Strategies: In the final course of PPC University, you'll learn more advanced search engine marketing strategies such as retargeting, geotargeting, and mobile PPC. By the time you're done, you might not be an AdWords expert, but you'll be close!
Each lesson is packed with PPC tips as well as recommendations for PPC tools that will help you along the way.
Why PPC U Beats the AdWords Help Center
Many marketers turn to the AdWords Help Center when, well, they need AdWords help. But the AdWords Help Center contains an enormous amount of information and can be difficult to navigate. If you're just getting started with PPC or need a little help with AdWords, PPC U is for you: a contained resource with a clear beginning and end. It's like going to school for a PPC education — you'll have guidance the whole way through from industry experts like Larry Kim as well as our 100% AdWords certified customer support team. The time to start your PPC education is now! Begin with the first lesson in PPC 101, "What is PPC? and keep going!
PPC 101: Getting Started with PPC
- What is PPC?
- Ad Group
- Text Ad
- Click-Through Rate
- Quality Score
- Cost per Click (CPC)
- Cost per Action (CPA)
- Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
- How to Set Up an AdWords Account
PPC 102: PPC Campaign Management & Best Practices
- PPC Keyword Research
- Negative Keywords
- Keyword Match Types
- Long-Tail Keywords
- Ad Text Optimization
- Ad Extensions
- Bid Management & Optimization
- Landing Page Optimization
- A/B Testing
- Conversion Tracking
- Managing Your PPC Budget
- AdWords Analysis: Benchmarking & Troubleshooting
Advanced PPC: Going Beyond the Basics
- Dynamic Keyword Insertion
- AdWords Mobile PPC
- Call Tracking
- Geotargeting & Local PPC
- Ad Scheduling (Dayparting)
- PPC for Lead Generation
- PPC for B2B Companies
Tools & Resources
- PPC 101: Download all the material in PPC 101 as a free PDF.
- Search Marketing Webinars: We offer regular webinars on a range of topics to help you get more from search marketing.
- Grade Your AdWords Account: Get 40 hours' worth of PPC analysis in 60 seconds or less. It's fast, secure, and free!
- AdWords E-Books: Explore our library of free guides, e-books and white papers to learn more about PPC and other web marketing topics.