Our #1 post of the month (see below) included a tip about adding a progress bar to long forms on your landing page, so visitors can see how much they’ve completed, similar to what you sometimes see while taking a survey:
I visualize this same kind of “progress bar” in my mind as the year goes by – and as of late July, we’re just about 60% done with 2013. It’s more than half over! But is that a good thing or a bad thing? (I’m glad I don’t see a progress bar for my whole life – I don’t want to know.)
In the words of the great Dolly Parton in Steel Magnolias: “Honey, time marches on, and eventually you realize it’s marching across your face.” Before we lose any more of the year to that great black hole of the past, let’s take a moment to revisit our greatest hits from the month of July (plus a straggler from late June):
- 12 Tests to Increase Your Landing Page Conversion Rate, Starting Today – An awesome guide to increasing your landing page conversion rates by testing elements like headline, testimonials, button color and size, and much more.
- Google Products Graveyard: Mourning Google Reader and Other Discontinued Google Products and Services – Remember Google Reader? Take a walk down Memory Lane with this infographic, a timeline of the many Google products and services that are no longer with us.
- How to Reduce Your Cost Per Conversion by 16-80% (Sorry, Haters, Quality Score Still Matters) – It’s well-known that Quality Score has a big effect on your cost per click – but what about the all-important cost per conversion metric? Yes, QS affects that too!
- News Flash: Google AdWords CPC Down by 6% Year-Over-Year in Q2 2013 - Here's Why! – Everyone expected CPC’s to be up following the transition to Enhanced Campaigns, but they actually dropped year over year. What gives?
- The Complete Guide to Yelp Reviews: Power to the People! – Learn everything you ever wanted to know about Yelp reviews in this guide, including why Yelp is so important, how to get more reviews from your customers, how to deal with negative reviews and more.
- Banner Ads Are Back from the Dead: How Google Has Given Banner Ads New Life – Banner ads: Does anyone ever click them? They might, if they’re part of a remarketing campaign on the Google Display Network!
- Confessions of a Reformed Black Hat PPC Marketer: My CPC Arbitrage Story – A fascinating guest post from TaeWoo Kim about his sullied past in black hat PPC – and why he gave up on it.
- The Small Business Strategy Guide to Google AdWords – Ben Cohen shares some great tips for making the most of AdWords as a small business with limited time and budget.
- AdWords Account Audit Checklist – One of our Premier Consultants shares the checklist he uses to do an initial site audit of new client PPC accounts, with considerations for campaigns, ad groups, keywords and more.
- What Makes 'Great Content' Great? 8 -Able Words for Greater Content – Everyone's always telling you to create "great content," but what does it MEAN?! I attempt to answer that question in this post.
Have a great month!