I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: August is the Sunday of summer. Although it’s technically still summer until September 22, the end of August pretty much feels like the end of it all – time to trade in late-afternoon cocktails in the sun for hours of homework. (Sorry, the Sunday blues make me forget how old I am.)
Before we all officially go back to school, let’s take a second look (or a first, if you missed them the first time around) at our blog’s top 10 most popular posts of the month:
- Announcing the AdWords Performance Grader: Find Out How You’re Doing on AdWords and How to Improve for Free – This post introduces our newest free tool. Have you tried it out yet? How does your AdWords performance measure up?
- Google AdWords Express Review: Is Google Express (AWExpress) Right for Your Small Business? – Tom takes a closer look at Google’s offering for small businesses. Does it make sense for you? Maybe – depends how small your budget is.
- Google Serves up Huge Mega Jumbo Super Sized Sitelinks in Organic SERPS – If you use Google regularly, you’ve probably noticed the new sitelinks format taking up your whole screen. This makes it extremely difficult to rank above the fold for branded searches.
- Google Analytics Multi-Channel Funnels: How to Use Multi-Channel Tracking & Attribution – This cool new feature in Analytics gives advertisers a better handle on attribution.
- R.I.P. Reputation Management – New Huge Google Sitelinks Kills Online Reputation Management Industry? – Larry questions whether the aforementioned sitelinks format change will render ORM providers obsolete.
- Google AdWords Topic Targeting: What Is AdWords Topic Targeting & When Should You Use It? – Tom examines yet another new AdWords feature, one that allows a less granular approach than keyword targeting.
- How to Do SEO for Magento eCommerce Software – This guest post shares five tips for better optimizing an e-commerce site using the popular Magento software.
- Which Ad Won? New PPC Ad Boosts CTR by 52% – BoostCTR’s Ryan Healy illustrates how a more arresting headline and specific benefits led to a much more successful PPC text ad.
- Learn Google AdWords – Learning AdWords Best Practices from Great Sources – Need to learn AdWords fast and having trouble sorting through the noise? Here are four strong sources for your AdWords education.
- 5 Low-Budget Ways to Distribute Your Blog Content – I respond to a reader question about how to get more blog readers beyond sharing links on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Image via H. Michael Karshis